PS3 PTA Meeting - September 19, 2017
These are tentative minutes and have not been approved - Minutes will be approved at the next PTA meeting.
Meeting called at 9:08am
I. Pledge of Allegiance & Welcome
II. Minutes read and approved
III. Financials reviewed and approved
· Current working balance is lower than usual because the PTA did not run a summer camp this year
· Fundraising effort and donation outreach will be done in order to supplement this year’s financial needs
· Cherrydale begins this week. More details: https://www.cherrydale.com/landingpage/landingpage/organization/code/28691-FRPS3JN_2017F/
· Packets are coming home in student folders this week outlining the option to sell product in person or online.
· Important dates:
o Forms due: October 2
o Product arrives: November 14. Please note: We do not have on-site refrigeration for storage of non-perishable items. Products must be picked up during announced pick-up times. 2-6 pm
V. Upcoming Events
· Minion Character Breakfast: 9/23 from 8am to 10am at Applebee’s
o $12 ticket proceeds for Conwell Kidz at National Performing Arts Festival
· Tigerpalooza: 9/30 from 12pm to 4pm at PS3
o Free admission for all PS3 students. $5 for all other guests who would like access to rides.
o Volunteers needed. Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/tigerpalooza2017
· Throughout the year, the PTA is in need of volunteers for various events and programs. Online sign-up forms will be posted/emailed.
· Current Volunteer Needs
o Recess Committee: Bring playground equipment out during lunch recess
§ Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:30am to 1:30pm
§ Also accepting donations of sports equipment (i.e. hula hoops, jump rope)
§ Contact Karin Vanoppen at email@example.com
VII. Afterschool Clubs
· Starting week of 10/16 with vendors, such as soccer, art, dance
· Available to PreK through 5th grade from Monday through Friday
· Tentative schedule currently up as online registration process is currently being streamlined: http://www.ps3pta.org/fallclubs2017/
· At least one parent volunteer needed for each club in order for it to be offered. Volunteer outreach will be announced with registration. Incentive: Receive a full refund for ONE club by volunteering and appearing for every session during the semester.
VIII. Other Items
· Accepting PTA memberships for 10/1/17 thru 9/30/18. $5 fee + application.
· There is a petition for a re-design of Grand Street supported by BikeJC and SafeStreetJC. Brigid d’Souza is meeting with BikeJC’s key coordinator on 9/20 to make him aware of the congestion issues in the vicinity of PS3 during drop-off/pickup. Please contact her if you would like to stay informed on this effort.
· Please complete the Emergency Contact online form: bit.ly/PS3StudentInfo
· Stay connected with PS3:
o Facebook: @ps3pta
o Facebook: @conwellps3
o Facebook: conwelltigers1718
o Website: www.ps3pta.org
Meeting adjourned at 9:42am